Community and Education
Relations Coordinator position open in the Marketing Department
The Community and Education Relations Coordinator works directly with the Communications Manager to act as a primary liaison between marketing and education, a secondary contact for the media, and to oversee, plan and implement all value-add/gate driving promotional events. Major responsibilities include supporting MOSI’s public relations efforts; managing and overseeing the MOSI Speaker’s Bureau; keeping the lines of communication open between the Education Department and the Marketing Department; and creating, planning and coordinating promotional events designed to increase revenue and gate attendance. This position requires a highly skilled individual in public relations, communications and promotional event planning and implementation.
• Act as a secondary contact/back up for media relations
• Assist the marketing team in developing Marketing and PR Plans for upcoming events, exhibitions and other museum programs
• Develop, plan and execute all aspects of promotional events designed to increase revenue and gate attendance.
• Recruit volunteer leadership for projects when appropriate.
• Manage and oversee the MOSI Speaker’s Bureau – includes booking speaking engagements, organizing speaker trainings, providing packets for speakers before their engagements, and acquiring feedback from the speakers after the event.
• Coordinate with the Education department to organize speakers to go out in mass annually for the Great American Teach-in
• Organize and lead an annual speaker’s bureau training for any full-time staff interested in participating in the program.
• Assist Communications Manager with writing copy, distributing press materials, researching media lists, and updating calendar listings as needed
• Act as a liaison between education and marketing, to ensure all appropriate education events have a marketing plan
• Fulfill all ticket donation requests
• Interview, hire and oversee the internship program for the marketing department
• Assist the Vice President of Marketing and Corporate Relations, along with the entire marketing team, for other projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in public relations, communications and/or events preferred
• Excellent writing skills required; AP Style knowledge preferred
• Educational requirements may be substituted by a combination of specialized training and experience.
• Valid Florida drivers license required
• MOSI is open 365 days a year. Employee is expected to work Holidays, evenings and weekends as necessary.
• Ability to lift and/or carry 20 to 30 pounds.
IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW IS INTERESTED, PLEASE CONTACT OUR HR DIRECTOR, KELLY CURINGTON AT 813-987-6335 OR KELLY.CURINGTON@MOSI.ORG
Community and Education Relations Coordinator
Full-Time Position with Benefits
Submit Applications/Resumes to Human Resources
MOSI, 4801 E. Fowler Avenue, Tampa, FL 33617
Fax (813) 987-6310